1856. Our roots in Kerrville go back to the town’s founder–Joshua D. Brown–and chronicle the growth of the community. In 1856, Brown donated land for a Methodist church.
1871. The first church was built in 1871 and located at the center of town.
1876. When it was destroyed by a storm in 1876, the congregation worshiped in the District Court Room.
1885. Later, the Methodists met in a Union Church built for all congregations on two Clay Street lots donated by Captain Charles Schreiner in 1885.